Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Latest...

Good day! Just thought I'd touch base with anyone who's reading...

I got another batch of films to transfer the other day. This ought to be good, since there are a bunch of them and the friend I'm transferring them for is Catholic. I've not been able to actually view any of them yet, but they are all very well marked (which I'm finding out is quite rare into and of itself). Still, I'm going to ask him if I can use some of this footage for Mater Dei Television. The one that intrigued me was an ordination film of a relative. In any case, this will be a good gig. He works at a production company himself, and will be lending me a DVCAM deck to transfer all these films to so he can edit them himself. No editing. No authoring. Just transferring them and sending them to DVCAM tape. Nice!

I'm slowly but surely working on the garage now too. I got some things moved out of there today when I got somewhat mad about the fact that I can't seem to find anything in the garage anymore, and I know for a fact that we kind of need to get this converted to the new office space before the baby comes anyway. I found some sweet new connectors on eBay yesterday from a company called RapidRun. The cool thing about it is that I can run one particular kind of cable and connect up whichever connectors will be needed. For instance, if I decide after running the cable and hooking it up to BNC that I want component video instead, I change each end to component video, plug them into where I had the BNC connectors were before, and I'm good to go. This was exactly what I was looking for!

The idea is to actually have Mater Dei Television and DCA Multimedia working in the same space, albeit separately, to start with. Ideally, there'll also be a separate place to work on computers as well, plus my wife's workstation will be there too. The cool thing is that my wife also picked up a Mary statue for outside, and after some minor gardening (and renovation to the house), that statue will be just outside the door to the business! It doesn't get any better than that.

Gotta get that garage cleaned out first, though. Stay tuned!

ICTM,
Chuck, MI

No comments: