Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Finals are over...

...for the old man known as "Chuck, MI." I'm pretty sure that I got an A in my Computer Science course (since I only missed 15 points the entire semester and there were things in the class I did roughly 10 years ago). My Journalism class was a little harder. I'm hoping I got an A on that one. I really enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy school nearly as much the first go around I had at Purdue back in '89 to '94. I felt that learning journalism, even just how to interview people, was well worth the whole semester, and is going to make Mater Dei Television in the long run.

My professor was a guy named Hank Nuwer, and he's a well known expert on hazing. Hank, if you're reading this, thanks for everything.

Now, to get this signal up and online. The decoder card for the playlist server is on the way, along with the capture card for the video streamer. Hopefully, I'm right about that ECS motherboard with the ATI Radeon 9250SE AGP card, and the only reason it's freezing up is because I don't have the apature set correctly in the BIOS. I hope. Still haven't figured out whether the quad-processor server is going to handle the playlist, the Windows Media Encoder, or the MPEG-2 transport stream.

Stay tuned! We're close!

ICTM,
Chuck, MI

No comments: