Saturday, January 12, 2008

100th Post!

Too bad it's going to be technical... :)

I sat down here the other day and got the other internet circuit hooked up, but I had to go through another router. I'm beginning to think that's my caveat. What's happening now is that I can actually use VLC's web interface and actually set up VLC for VoD. It's taking successfully taking my MPEG-4 files to which the videos are encoded, and it looks like everything is behaving the way it's supposed to, except for ONE detail...

I can't get it to stream to my Windows box on a different internet circuit.

In a word, grumble.

I think I'll post the question to the VLC forum tomorrow. I'm kind tired, and not extremely happy that I wound up missing the Una Voce meeting in my neck of the woods today. Not that it could be avoided today, but it happened.

More later...

ICTM,
Chuck, MI

No comments: