Thursday, April 19, 2007

Be Afraid...

Be very afraid.

I'm still in the process of rearranging my home office, which is not only serving as the first home for Mater Dei Television, but also where I work with our budding video and photo business, DCA Multimedia. We mainly do film and videotape transfers to DVD, although we also shoot weddings and do actual commercial production and what not. We like to concentrate on obsolete formats, and I may be the only guy who can transfer BetaMax in town. I just got our old TV hooked up down here because of an order we had from our neighbor. I found my video switcher and hooked all the VTRs up to that too. The VHS and BetaMax decks are run through this switcher, into my DVD recorder, and out to my TV. As soon as I find the BNC to RCA converter, I'll be able to go with the old 3/4" U-Matic broadcast format as well.

I'm done with my neighbor's order, and frighteningly enough, I'm actually watching "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" on Betamax.

In any case, it's good to have these old formats at my disposal. If someone found old Catholic TV program films already transferred from film to 3/4", or perhaps had a BetaMax of a Latin Mass from sometime in the 1980s, I'd be all set. And if you do, please contact me. It'd be great for everyone to see these recordings!

ICTM,
Chuck, MI

No comments: