Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Quick Update

As my schooling is wrapping up for the semester, I will have some more time to devote to Mater Dei Television. I just picked up yet another server for MDTV, although it needs a processor upgrade (or four processor upgrades, to be exact), and I'm looking at some MPEG2 encoder cards for the master control computer. I still wish I knew why my newer, faster computer has more trouble encoding MPEG2 files than my older, slower one (which is now the master control computer I was just talking about). It works, it's just leaves the video with a few glitches. As a result, this problem has been confounding me to no end.

And I apologize for that, because I neglected Master Control Operators' Rule #1: Get something on the air, fix what you have to fix when it's not airing. This is what I should have done all along. At this point, it's better to get SOMETHING on the air and render a new file after I figured out what the problem was. That's what a good master control operator would have done. All the same, things are looking up. Also, check it out: I have a sponsor! Well, it's more of an affiliate banner from Lighthouse Catholic Media. I think there are some things in there that most Catholics, Traditionalist or not, will be able to find useful. I'm mostly impressed with the fact that they are making Archbishop Sheen's recordings more available via CD.

Anyway, I'll write more later as I get updates.

ICTM,
Chuck, MI

No comments: