Thursday, June 28, 2007

Up All Night...

Once again, I find myself up all night doing some sort of work on a client video, so while it's rendering, I decided to do some Mater Dei Television work in my downtime. Technically, it's not downtime, but seeing the editor is working right now and it doesn't seem to need me for awhile, I can do some other things...

The video feed is still up and going after two days. I saw a little stutter earlier during "The Catholic Hour", but that doesn't seem to have repeated since. I'd say all and all it's doing well. I also but an old 9.1 GB SCSI hard drive into the NEC server, although I don't have it connected up yet. There are a few articles of junk on top of that server that need to go into the trash first, as well as a guitar amp to move, and some VGA F-F connectors to pick up for my KVM switch. Nevertheless, it looks like the encoder is going to be up soon. Looking at the encoder, however, it does seem like it can be done more efficiently. A LOT more efficiently, but it'll have to do until we get something better.

Looks like I pulled some cables on the KVM by mistake. More later...

ICTM,
Chuck, MI

No comments: