Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Elusive OS

Oh yes...more fun than an episode of "In Search Of...", I look for the perfect OS. Do I go XP or Linux? If I go Linux, which distro to use? I'm beginning to think I need to try Dyne Bolic. Dyne Bolic is a live distro my friend Ron told me about a few years ago. I've actually used it to rescue files from a crashed machine before. I had the page up this evening while I was talking to my friend, Todd, who needed to rescue some files himself. I started looking again at this distro and it said that it could be "docked" to a hard drive. Since Dyne Bolic is optimized for video, perhaps I need to play with this tonight when I get home. It may just get us online quicker, and without near the cost of XP.

I'll let you know how it goes.

ICTM,
Chuck, MI

No comments: