Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Update

This quite possibly may be the toughest time I've ever had building a computer.

Today, I decided to use the less-flaky 12GB harddrive as the system drive and the larger, 120 GB flakier-but-usable-as-a-data-drive harddrive as a...well...data drive. Problem is that for some reason I couldn't seem to get both drives to be seen by the BIOS at the same time. I was beginning to wonder just what in the hell was going on, since I've used both IDE slave buses at different times and was able to get the two different harddrives to be seen by the BIOS, but just not together.

Must be Lent.

I got a Molex y-adapter on the way into work today. I'm thinking I had a power issue somewhere that was causing this problem. We'll find out when I get home this evening.

ICTM,
Chuck, MI

No comments: