Tuesday, March 20, 2007

...or Not To XP. Going with Blag...

I have decided after staying up to all hours of the night last night that what I was able to see, I like Blag quite a bit and I'm going to go with it for the Streaming Video Server. It's fast, it's stable, it pretty much had all the drivers for the ECS motherboard and other things I had installed already on it. It's Red Hat based, so it works beautifully. It came with many different choices for video playback; VLC, Xine, and a few others, plus it had Kino and Cinelerra on it as well. I won't use those on this machine, but I may just install this on my editor too and play around with them. If it ran that fast on the computer I installed it on, it'll run even better on my editor.

The only thing I didn't like about this is that Firefox had all these ultra-liberal pages already bookmarked; environmentalist wackos, leftist political wackos, Michael Moore. You name it. To their credit, though, they did bookmark the Internet Archive. I've gotten some pretty nice videoclips there; Pope Pius XI, Pope Pius XII, and Cardinal Spellman among others. If you check it out, and I suggest you do, please make sure that you supervise your children on that site; as with other secular media sources, not all of it is family friendly.

One more reason why Mater Dei Television is starting.

ICTM,
Chuck, MI

No comments: